Wednesday 4 April 2012

O.M.G. Burgers







O.M.G. - these are THE best burgers ever! I know that's a BIG statement but it's true. These are our go-to burgers, the most requested burgers, the burgers we mean when we talk about burgers, the number one on the hit list of burgers.. ok, breathe. Have I stated my case strongly enough? Are you sold on these burgers?

We stuffed our faces with these burgers, then went to the cinema to see "The Hunger Games" - kinda funny when you think about it!

O.M.G. Burgers
from Pete Evan's My Grill
Makes 4 burgers

For the patties:
1 tablespoon Spanish sweet paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander
60ml olive oil
500g coarsely ground pork shoulder
1/4 teaspoons chilli powder (or as much as you like depending on how hot you like it)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoons sea salt flakes
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 egg
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs

To serve:
4 soft bread rolls
Tomato Relish or store bought tomato relish
home made or store bought aïoli
baby cos lettuce leaves, separated

Gently cook the paprika, cumin, coriander and oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat for about 1-2 minutes.

Put the ground pork, chilli powder, garlic, salt, pepper, egg and breadcrumbs into a larg bowl. Add the cooled oil and spice mix and knead for about 2 minutes until well combined.

Preheat a barbecue hotplate or grill pan to medium. Form the mixture into 4 even size patties and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through.

Lightly grill the bread rolls and serve the patties on the bread with some tomato relish and lettuce and aïoli to the side.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started a blog so i was looking for others and yours is great. Can you take a look at mine and tell me what you think. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. beercanbbq.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started a food blog last month check it out and tell me what you think yours is great. Thank for sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started a food blog last month check it out and tell me what you think yours is great. Thank for sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks beercanbbq. I just checked out your blog. I love barbecue and your recipes sound yummy. I'll leave a comment on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to let you know that I fully agree with you that this is OMG and OTT burger. I also like the idea of frying the dried herbs before marinating them into the meat. I used ground beef and we absolutely "flabbergasted" with the flavor (my husband's description of this burger). Thanks again and I look forward to testing more recipes! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you and your husband liked them S. OMG and OTT are my favourite kind of burgers :P

    ReplyDelete