Sunday 26 August 2012

Greek Peppers




 



Okay, so I'm using Hungarian Peppers in my Greek Peppers dish. I've also totally forgotten where I got this recipe. I wrote it down in my hand-written, food-splattered recipe journal years ago with no reference to where the original recipe was from. All I can tell you, is that this recipe works, no matter how confused I... I mean it, may seem.


Greek Peppers
Serves 4

6 Hungarian peppers
250g Greek Feta
90ml extra virgin olive oil
2 tomatoes
Freshly ground black peppers

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.

Cut the stem off the peppers and then slice down one side to open them up like a book, keeping them intact. Gently pull out the seeds and as much of the white membrane as you can.

Divide the Feta into 6 even portions and stuff it into the peppers. Arrange the peppers, cut side up, in a shallow oven dish, so that they fit snuggly.

Slice the tomatoes and arrange slices on top. Pour the oil over and sprinkle with black pepper.

Bake for about 1 hour or until the vegetables and cheese are tinged golden-brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment