Tuesday 17 September 2013

Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Salsa


The Big Pineapple.



Looks like a Mamma and her babies.



I think I take the same photo of grilling corn every time.



A pile of happiness.



Toss all these goodies together.



Add the lime juice and wedges and sprinkle with crushed toasted peanuts 
(which I forgot to do until after I took this shot, 'cause I'm an air head).



I think we should all just assume that any salad I make is going to include corn unless otherwise stated.



Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Salsa
adapted from Delicious
Serves 4

3 corn cobs, husks removed, grilled on a grill pan or barbecue and kernels removed
1 red onion, finely diced
2 - 3 jalapeno chillies, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
6 - 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 small fresh pineapple, skin and core removed, finely diced
2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
1/3 cup crushed roasted peanuts
Juice of 2 limes
1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
Lime wedges to serve

Toss all the ingredients except the peanuts, salt and lime juice and wedges, together in a large serving bowl.

Dissolve the sea salt flakes into the lime juice in a small bowl and pour over the salsa, toss again. Sprinkle with crushed toasted peanuts and serve with lime wedges.


9 comments:

  1. Oh my! That looks INCREDIBLE! I've not tried anything like this before, but I think I may just have to. The mixture of sweet and spicy is very tempting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bec. I love sweet and spicy too.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely delicious as is, I could have it all day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing! I love all those gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie. These flavours (and colours) really POP.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, that's a really interesting salsa!!! I love it when there's a lot of flavours and different ingredients. Sweet and spicy, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Gabrielle. I think you'll love this bright and, okay I'll say it, corn-filled salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. I'll have to give this recipe a try. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete