Wednesday 26 February 2014

Grilled Zucchini with Mint, Chilli and Feta















Note to Self: Next season, just plant the ONE zucchini plant.

...oh and another thing Self, don't rub your eyes after chopping chillies. I don't know how many times I've had to tell you that!


Grilled Zucchini with Mint, Chilli and Feta
Serves 4

6 - 8 small zucchini
2 small red chillies, finely chopped
2 tablespoons shredded mint leaves
50g feta, crumbled
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon, juice of 1/2 a lemon
Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling

Heat a grill pan or barbecue grill plate to high.

Cut the zucchini into 5mm slices, length ways. When the grill is screaming-hot, lay the zucchini down and grill them until they are tender-crisp and have those lovely char-stripes. Remove them from the grill and arrange on a serving platter.

Scatter over the finely grated rind of the lemon, the chopped chilli and the shredded mint. Crumble over the feta, season with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper (go easy with the salt as the feta is salty), squeeze over the juice of 1/2 a lemon and drizzle generously with olive oil.



8 comments:

  1. Ugh, I burn my eyes like that ALL THE TIME. It's a little insane. But at least you had this beautiful zucchini to make up for it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Marie. I'm glad it's not just me. Yeah, the zucchini helped though.

      Delete
  2. Zucchini is the gift that keeps on giving!! I would grate it, then freeze it for zucchini bread in the winter, but I always had way more than I needed too. I'd sometimes leave it on my neighbors doorstep, ring the bell and run. :) Bad, but effective. :) This however is such a gorgeous recipe and so easy to make. Love all those gorgeous flavors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have some grate...I mean, great ideas for dealing with an over-supply of zucchini Maria. I just hope my neighbours don't read my blog. hehe.

      Delete
  3. This looks delicious and the perfect way to get the zucchini moving out the door! I would LOVE this right about now and your pictures are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica. I have become the master of dealing with surplus zucchini. I've had a lot of practice - like, every year!!!

      Delete
  4. Note to myself: actually plant zucchini next year!
    I saw your photo of this the other day and I was waiting to get the recipe! On the dinner rotation for next week :)
    Might not share with the boyfriend either...it makes one serving, right ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just plant the one plant. Even if it's in a container. They are so hardy and prolific you'll have zucchini like Jack had the Beanstalk. Hope you love it when you make it. Oh and when I said it serves 4, I meant to add "or 1 as a main course". *wink*

      Delete