Monday 14 July 2014

Palomas








My friends at Spoonful of Foodies and I are putting together a Date Night menu over the next few days. Each blogger prepared a course for a special occasion dinner and, as I chose the pre-dinner drink, I'm the first cab off the rank with my Pamola cocktail. A refreshing, appetite-sharpening, pretty pink sip to enjoy with nibbles. Not too pretty for guys though, it's a tequila-based drink after all. 





Palomas
adapted from bon appétit
Makes 2

120ml silver tequila
30ml  fresh lime juice
Pink grapefruit soda
Pink Himalaya salt for the rim
Slice of pink grapefruit for garnish

Pour some salt on a small plate. Rub the rims of two tall glasses with grapefruit juice and then dip the rims into the salt. Fill the glasses with ice, pour the tequila and lime juice over the ice and top with the pink grapefruit soda. Garnish with a slice of pink grapefruit.



And here's the rest of the menu:






Garlic Bread Rolls from House of Bakes




Arugula, Pear and Raspberry Salad from The Chef Next Door




Apricot Gazpacho from The Complete Savourist





Crock Pot Spaghetti Bolognese from The Lazy Mom's Cooking Blog





Fruit and Goat Cheese Tarts from casa de la Cargill




Almond Lace Napoleons from Pearls + Girls




After Dinner Coffee Cocktail from My Simple Kitchen


14 comments:

  1. Looks so pretty and refreshing! I do like tequila

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has me all over it! It's hot, hot, hot here and this is going to happen! Yum...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a perfect hot weather cocktail to chill out with.

      Delete
  3. I love when everything is preparing something. It's always better like this :) I love your drink, graperuit soda, yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, but so deadly with that tequila! I bet I could even get Chris to drink this pretty drink :) Thanks Jen for a date night idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, but so deadly with that tequila! I bet I could even get Chris to drink this pretty drink :) Thanks Jen for a date night idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Amy. Serve this drink in a manly tall glass and he won't even notice.

      Delete
  6. This is so pretty, but so deadly with that tequila! I bet I could even get Chris to drink this pretty drink :) Thanks Jen for a date night idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes! I LOVE palomas! I was introduced to them when I spend a year in Mexico. It was love at first sight.
    Love your post. Brings back a lot of good memories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they divine Anne? I love the mix of lime and grapefruit.

      Delete